magnified adj : enlarged to an abnormal degree; "thick lenses exaggerated the size of her eyes" [syn: exaggerated, enlarged]magnify
1 increase in size, volume or significance; "Her terror was magnified in her mind" [syn: amplify]
2 to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth; "tended to romanticize and exaggerate this `gracious Old South' imagery" [syn: overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyerbolise, amplify] [ant: understate]
3 make large; "blow up an image" [syn: blow up, enlarge] [ant: reduce] [also: magnified]magnified See magnify
- /ˈmægnɪfaɪd/ or /ˈmægnəfaɪd/
- past of magnify
- "Let It Drip" – 2:41
- "Moth" – 3:50
- "Frogs" – 4:55
- "Bernie" – 5:17
- "Magnified" – 4:36
- "Wonderful Life" – 5:34
- "Undone" – 4:27
- "Wet Gravity" – 6:06
- "Empty Friend" – 4:21
- "Small Crimes" – 7:13
- Ken Andrews – vocals, guitar, bass
- Greg Edwards – bass guitar, guitar, drums
CreditsRecorded by Paul Landi. Mixed by David Bianco and Ken Andrews.
- A video was produced for the single "Undone", which was seldom (if ever) aired, but is included on the DVD portion of the 2004 Failure compilation Golden.
- A second posthumous compilation, a 2-CD set entitled Essentials, was released in 2006, and contains all of the demos from the sessions for Magnified.
- This album uses a great deal of bass guitar distortion, and many songs are defined by the bassline instead of the guitar work.
- This album includes instrumental "segues" between some tracks, but these segues are not listed, nor are they assigned their own track numbers on the CD (unlike the band's next album, Fantastic Planet).
- European releases of this album feature different backgrounds behind the frog on the front and back covers.
- The original producer left after too many disagreements with the band.
- "Small Crimes" was originally called "Small Bird".
- "Magnified" was covered by the rock/metalcore band Cave In on their Creative Eclipses EP.
accelerated, aggrandized, aggravated, amplified, annoyed, apotheosized, augmented, awesome, ballyhooed, beatified, beefed-up, big, bloated, boosted, broadened, canonized, deepened, deified, deliberately provoked, disproportionate, elevated, embittered, eminent, enhanced, enlarged, ennobled, enshrined, enthroned, exacerbated, exaggerated, exalted, exasperated, excellent, excessive, exorbitant, expanded, extended, extravagant, extreme, glorified, grand, grandiloquent, great, heated up, heightened, held in awe, high, high and mighty, high-flown, hiked, hotted up, hyperbolic, immortal, immortalized, increased, inflated, inordinate, intensified, irritated, jazzed up, lofty, mighty, multiplied, overdone, overdrawn, overemphasized, overemphatic, overestimated, overgreat, overlarge, overpraised, oversold, overstated, overstressed, overwrought, prodigal, profuse, proliferated, provoked, puffed, raised, reinforced, sainted, sanctified, shrined, soured, spread, stiffened, strengthened, stretched, sublime, supereminent, superlative, swollen, throned, tightened, touted, widened, worse, worsened